Chequered Products - More Information and Options Available
We received these clarifications in early January and immediately withdrew the chequered range from sale. On request from the Police we did not communicate anything as national press releases would be sent to magazines by the Police themselves.
The clarifications take into account whether the rider and horse combined are wearing products which means that general road users might mistake them for a Police Officer. They have split the products into High, Medium and Low risk of contravening these new guidelines. Please click here to read the Press Release in full from the Police
As a gesture of goodwill and to help all our customers become compliant - we will be helping out everybody who wants it by primarily amending products. For those we cannot amend then we will replace free of charge. Please see below for further details and to help you assess your personal risk.
1) wording which resembles the word "Police" even if spelt differently
*Please note that although we have consulted the Police nationally on the risk explanation we cannot guarantee the attitudes and actions of individual Police Forces/Officers and accept no liability for their actions.
1)For those of you which have the means to apply a soft silver reflective tape yourselves and would rather do this than send your product to us then please email us with your name and address and what products you have. We will then post the tape to you for you to sew on. Obviously, we will only send tape to amend V-Bandz products and not those made by any other manufacturer.
2) If your product just combines yellow with the chequered tape - then you could just remove the chequered tape if you wish, however this would mean that your product is no longer reflective.
HOW TO RETURN PRODUCTS TO US FOR AMENDMENT OR SWAPPING FOR A COMPLIANT ALTERNATIVE
We will amend (or exchange for an alternative if we cannot amend) any chequered product purchased from V-Bandz by covering the chequered tape with a silver one. However, we are a small company and the only way financially that we can help everybody who needs/wants it is if you kindly pay for the postage in and back to you. We will not charge for the exchanges or amendments to existing products. If you do not want to send the product back to us, you can of course cover up any wording and remove any tape that you wish. However, if you remove tape then the product will no longer be reflective
1) Please can you find your product(s) from the chart below and it will tell you whether we will be amending or replacing the item. It will also tell you the amount you need to include with the product to cover the return postage. To keep the processing costs to an absolute minimum will you please enclose cash in with the item(s). We would not normally ask you to send cash but it will cost us credit card fees and lots of time if we start debiting cards for small amounts.
2) Please can you send your product(s to us together with the EXCHANGES FORM. Please print this off here and complete your name and address very clearly as we will be using this for the return label to you.
3) Please enclose the correct amount with your product(s). If you are returning more than 1 product please add up the postage costs and send in the total